Jeremiah 42:9-12

and [Jeremiah] said to them, "Thus says the Lord the God of Israel to whom you sent me to present your petition before Him; If you will indeed stay in this land, then I will build you up and not tear you down and I will plant you and not uproot you; for I will relent concerning the calamity that I have afflicted on you. Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you are now fearing; do not be afraid of him'"declares the Lord, "for I am with you to save you and deliver you from his hand. I will also show you compassion, so that he will have compassion on you and restore you to your own soil."

Do we not serve an amazing God? He IS compassionate. He will relent from the calamity he has afflicted. My heart melts towards a God who loves us like that. Truth is, we don't see or allow God to be this compassionate to us. We think he wants us to be miserable - he doesn't. Yes, trials come and we are refined, but the lessons are not always from the bad. I'm clinging to this promise tonight, that God will relent, he will build me up, not tear me down. His love for me, His daughter is Great. He is Great. More than I can imagine.

Comments

Popular Posts