Relief

Relief comes in strange ways sometimes.

In a pop-up window and a "hiya stranger"...

In an afternoon with a friend who needed me...

In a moment when God allowed a bit of counsel to pour from me...

In a broad dose of perspective from a God who loves my heart...

In dinner with my family...

In a simple text message that says "we shall persevere"...

In the ability to block the things I don't want seen...

In the ability to not know the things that plague me...

In the freedom to simply be my crazy self...

In the 2x4 that is smacked on my head by a friend who says "don't assume the worst"...

In the shared love of a really beautiful song...

In the reminder of the things I adore about him...

In the sweet messages of friendship and affection I received throughout the day...

In a Mama's discernment and ability to know her child's heart....

In letting things go and trusting God bigger...

In the ability to recall the beautiful moments with a friend...

In the warmth of a spring evening on our back porch...

In these lyrics: "All that I am...All that I ever was...Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see..." and others in "Chasing Cars"...

In writing a blog like this...

In a kind text encouraging me that I'm not forgotten about....

In the settling of my spirit after a crazed day of thought....

In the grace that I see in his heart...

In recalling God's promises to my psychotic woman's heart...

In the promise of a new morning, new day...

In a gentle song to sing me to sleep...

In a reminder that my company is desired...

In a voice I love to hear...

In God's gentle, calming spirit washing over me at this hour...

Like I said...relief comes in a lot of ways. And I'm thankful for all of them tonight. Like a sigh of relief, I write this blog and let the relief flow...

Le Sigh.

Comments

  1. You forgot one: It's the highly anticipated trip to see a kindred spirit....oh wait - that one is mine :P
    3 days! ~ L

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts