Week of Thankful 4.5

Happy Thanksgiving day to all of you! I'm spending a quiet morning alone this thanksgiving, with my family far away celebrating together, and thanks to a job (which I'm thankful I have) I cannot be with them this year). Later, I'll join some Jesus family for food and fellowship, but until then, just letting God love me, resting thankfully in a warm cozy home and some rest today. 


Today I want to do a different kind of gratitude - a '24' kind of Thankful post, so hour by hour...some things I'd be thankful for in each hour. 


----------------


Hour by Hour, I'm Thankful for....

12:00am
being a night owl, late night conversations with a dear friend & nights I don't make it home til this hour because of my 'community.'

1:00am
a cozy bedroom, shelves of books to read, & a love of reading that keeps me up til this hour most nights

2:00am
a cozy bed, down blanket & pillows that make for sleepy time to be easy.

3:00am
the beautiful moon, stars pricked out of a velvet sky & a home to call mine.

4:00am
friends I know will be there for me at this hour, sleep, and the kind of quiet that only comes with the silence of this hour

5:00am
alarm clocks, early morning travels, and the knowledge that if I were sick, my mom would be there in an instant

6:00am
a job that is providing in this season, sunrises and moonsets, and a dependable car that starts every morning.

7:00am
days I get to 'sleep in', podcasts & portable music devices

8:00am
Coffee, Bacon & breakfast with friends

9:00am
Break-time, good music, & memories of good things

10:00am
Panera, hoodies, & comfortable shoes

11:00am
Audiobooks, Barnes & Noble, & text messages

12:00pm
Lunch dates, electricity & mid-day breaks

1:00pm
Movies, Hugs and Blue skies with fluffily clouds or none at all.

2:00pm
Clocking out, cute voicemail messages, and excitement about evening activities

3:00pm
An understanding mom & dad; hearing "AUNT MANDI!" and getting hug-tackeld by little man every time he sees me.

4:00pm
Lynchburg College's beautiful campus, once a week classes, and nap times

5:00pm
Changing seasons, Hot Tea, and new friends

6:00pm
Family, Kids Stuff Community, and my computer

7:00pm
Sunsets & Moonrises; Holidays, and Beauty

8:00pm
Time-wasting, evenings by the fire, and Favorite TV Shows

9:00pm
Dreams, writing time, and good stories

10:00pm
long-distance friends, internet, and girl-time with Mama.

11:00pm
Art, sweet hopefulness, and kinds of people who love you.

12:00am
Grace, Redemption & Love.


Comments

Popular Posts