30 Days of Gratitude 1.6

Writing at the end of the day is probably completely useless because my higher brain functions start shutting down, so I generally prefer to get up and write first thing in the morning. Nothing quite like a brilliant cup of coffee, something yummy to nibble on and my computer screen glowing with a blank page. It's kind of like the beginning of a new day, exciting, new and fresh - a place to start over. So, I waited for the 6th day of this challenge to write this morning. It helps me process in sleep too. :) 



Sundays are generally such good days for me. I'm thankful for so much about Sundays. I get to see people I love. I get to serve and spend time with God's kids. I get to participate in musical worship (my heart's God-connection language). I get to breathe in the community God has surrounded me with. It was all of that and much more yesterday. There were some awesome moments in music that I loved and am thankful for.

~
I'm so thankful for convergence, things God used to speak spectacularly clearly yesterday. Whether it is the story that both Eric and Woody shared about the video equipment in the walled city, or the story of Peter, yesterday was all about full-trust of God and His plan. Walking on water, Peter was a great example of trust. But before that even, Peter demonstrated such spiritual pluck because he recognized Jesus's voice while the rest of the disciples thought He was a ghost. Wow. I want to be like that. I want to recognize Jesus when everyone else around me is trembling in fear, uncertainty and focused on the storm or the specter of something dark. I'm so thankful for that glorious revelation of trust to my heart through His word.

~
Speaking of, I'm just thankful for God's word. It is a bolster to my spirit, a anchor of soul, and solid foundation for my feet. Nothing is better for me than to roll over, grab my phone and pull up the bible app and read. I'm thankful that God's word is alive and active, constantly breathing new life into me, constantly being used to waken some dead spiritual area in my life. Oh how exciting it is! I love sharing God's word with people too. It's the most exciting and thrilling thing I've ever experienced. In Kid's Stuff, we sing a song called "Your Words are Life" and the lyrics to that song make me so thankful. "Your words are life to me, for every breath I breathe." Ah. True story! Thankful for that.

~
I love Muse. The band. Really I cannot find myself in a mood when I'm not fully prepared to turn up Muse and let it roll me over, flip me over and pour through me. Pounding drums, guitar shredding, soaring vocals and symphonic melodies all just make me want to just soak it in. I love their music and it's inspiring to me for writing, for doing just anything. I love working out to Muse, I love running to them, working on school papers, writing my blog, etc. I'm just thankful for music that will suit me just no matter my mood.

~
Family dinners. We had the fam over and little man stayed with his nana and papa who he missed terribly last night. When I look around my friends and community I see so many people who do not have family near by. They create their own family via friends and church people, but you cannot replace blood family. It's good to be able to have my family around that we can just have a fun night eating dinner together. It's good to be a part of a family that loves each other and works hard to maintain friendship even in crazy life.

~
Sleep is elusive to me sometimes. I was exhausted by the time I got to bed last night. I had woken from nightmares at 4am and was unable to return to sleep. It was a long day of serving, school work and family time followed by more school work. So when my exhausted brain reached the pillow last night, I as so thankful for clean sheets, a comfy bed, blankets piled on top of me, and the ability to close my eyes in peace for awhile. So thankful for all of those things, and thankful for a night of peaceful rest. Those are becoming a normality and I'm thankful for that.

~
What are you thankful for today? 

I read today that Gratitude is not just the highest virtue but the parent of all others. I find that statement to be wholly true and accurate. Gratitude is going to lead to joy, peace, happiness, contentment, and a plethora of other things...the perspective one gains through gratitude is priceless. I hope you're finding this in your 30 days of gratitude. 

Comments

Popular Posts