Stuff They Ask (Part III)

1. What do you have that you value most? What do you want most that you don’t have? Would you trade what you do for what you don’t?
Ok More than one question here! :) What I value most are the relationships in my life. What I most want that I don't have? the ability to sustain myself and someone to walk this road of life with me. And no, I would not trade what I have for what I do not. If it happens, great, if not, God's gonna do just fine taking care of me. He has brought me safe thus far.

2. If you could write like any author, who and why?
This is hard, but I'd have to go with CS Lewis. Mostly because he was able to write incredible tales concisely. I do not have great economy with words. ha!

3. If you could live the story of any character in a book, who and why?
Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia. She got to see Aslan, she learned from Him, she was the most faithful to her beliefs. I love her as a character.

4. What has been the hardest thing to learn about your self?
It is a constant journey of finding pride in myself in the most insidious places and it is ugly, unpleasant and hard. From insecurity to being "good" - it is all pride. This pride never goes away, I've learned over time but instead moves into other places and develops in different ways.

5. If you could change one thing about your appearance, what and why?
I'd say the obvious "weight" - but that's something that I can and am changing constantly. But I think the most vain thing I can think of is that I wish I could have my hair back the way it was when I was younger. Stress and poor sleep patterns has thinned my hair and made it not as pretty as it once was.

6. What is your dream job?
Writing, teaching, being a mommy, reading, helping people learn stuff, and generally just being awesome. :) Also, is there a job where I can get paid to read fun books?

7. What is your favorite dessert?
Creme Brulee. No exceptions.

8. What is your favorite book of the Bible? Why?
It's a toss up between Genesis & Isaiah. Genesis is the book that is the most tangible and accessible - it gives such epic redemptive stories through desperate human dysfunction and therefore is full of hope for each of us. Isaiah is a beautiful place God has met me time and time again in the most personal ways, so I have a certain affinity for His precious words there.

9. If you could sing like any musician, who and why?
This wish list is so long, I think you'd go blind just reading it. :) Some that come to mind: Renee Fleming, Patty Griffin, Sara Barielles, Alison Krauss, Leigh Nash, Adele, Karin from Over the Rhine, & Amy Lee.... this is just a small smattering....

10. If you could grant one wish per person for five people – who would you pick and what would you grant?
Kim. Alicia. Mom. Dad....and one more free just in case. :)

11. If you could have an unending free supply of books OR movies OR music for the rest of your life, what would you pick? Why?
Books. There would be a never ending world of words, adventure, hope, learning, knowledge, and awesome things in books.

12. If you could change one choice for one historical person, who and why?
Just one choice? Hitler's Father - He would never have been attracted to or slept with Hitler's mother. The end.

13. What is the best dish your Mother cooks? What is the worst?
The best is a long list: Enchiladas, Tacos, Rice Pudding, Chorizo Blancio, Caldo, and lots of yumminess. The worst? Only the dishes she cooks when she's not in the mood to cook. We've learned. :)

14. If you could change one perception/common tradition about one major holiday, which and what?
I'd change the Christians snooty attitudes about holidays being "pagan" and not participating in them. I think it is ours to renew and redeem the brokenness we find in creation, not avoid it. We should be running towards broken and redeeming it.

Comments

Popular Posts