Disturbed

I have to give credit to my darling friend Sheila Yoder for posting this a few weeks ago. It's been sitting in my heart and on my mind like a weight. I want to have the boldness to pray this for myself but the prospects of where God could take me because of it are equally thrilling and terrifying. I pray that as you read it that God moves your heart like He did mine.



Disturb Us, Lord

Sir Francis Drake




Disturb us, Lord,

when we are too well pleased with ourselves,

When our dreams have come true

because we have dreamed too little,

When we arrived safely

because we sailed too close to the shore.





Disturb us, Lord,

when with the abundance of things we possess

We have lost our thirst for the waters of life;

Having fallen in love with life,

we have ceased to dream of eternity

And in our efforts to build a new earth,

We have allowed our vision of the new Heaven to dim.





Disturb us, Lord,

to dare more boldly,

to venture on wilder seas

Where storms will show your mastery;

Where losing sight of land,

We shall find the stars.


We ask You to push back the horizons of our hopes;

And to push into the future In strength, courage, hope and love. 

Comments

Popular Posts