Thankful Thursday (Ed. 2.6)

Sorry it's late, but it's still coming at you.
Here we go:

Today I'm thankful for....

...being still...
amidst all the crazy, insane busy school and church and...and....and...ands that I have going on right now, things are just busy. Not in a good way either. It's usually goes a little something like this: Frantic pace. stop for a second. frantic pace. breathe a moment. frantic pace. sleep not nearly enough. frantic pace. coffee. frantic pace. more coffee. I think you get the picture. Right now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Atlanta where I've had two days away from the pressures of frantic and moved into places with God where I wasn't expecting to go. But Tuesday before we left was a new kind of frantic. It was all around a terrible day and I fell to pieces that night. I was alone, no one was around or available for me to crash onto. That made me cry some more. My life feels extremely solitary right now sometimes and it wears me out. At the end of the meltdown, I felt that nudge, the Holy Spirit deep in me ask "Why did you do this day without Me?" Yeah. that. In the extreme solitude of my frantic life, I am not alone. But I felt alone because I did not allow God in on the frantic. I wept in brokenness over that moment and communed with my Savior. Not because I was guilty of doing something wrong, not because I was feeling the need to please, simply because I needed my Father. And I was still. And what a way to kick off the next two days. I'm thankful for opportunities to be still amid the busy-ness and I hope I can find those places to let God in BEFORE I melt down.

....Sarcasm & humor...
I love my brother, and there's a few people that I have in my life who are extremely sarcastic and witty. I love that. I feel alive in the midst of wit where we're cracking jokes and laughing until we can't stop. It's awesome. Some people don't' get it, and then sometimes, that's more fun too. :) But really, what I'm thankful for is the laughter. See, sometimes I bend towards serious and when I get down, I get more serious and I fall to pieces and can't find laughter to save my life. I think that's why God has put the people in my life that He has. Nicaragua was filled with laughter. This weekend has been a lot of laughter too. I like that. It's healing, laughter and joviality. I think God's heart is pleased when we are light with hours of laughter. Thankful for that.

....Catalyst....
This week was my first experience at the Catalyst Leader conference in Atlanta. I'm telling you, it's been an overload of epic proportions. I've heard it is like trying to drink from a fire hydrant. Yes. that's a good image. Insane image actually. I'm soaked. I'm processing still. There are things that hit me suddenly, things that I'm bringing with me, things that are just for me, and things that are to share. There are things I'm going to have to sit on and meditate on for hours and pray through. There are just a lot of things knocking around my heart and head. But I am so thankful to have been brought along with this team. I love how God works. And I'm thankful for this opportunity.

there's a lot more...so much more. But it's time to roll. :)


Comments

Popular Posts