Scattered Thoughts a Year Later

I can't believe it has been more than a year since I wrote anything on here.

I think there are too many words in my head to ever get onto the screen. I also have been trying to consume as much valuable content as I can. From listening to the Zeitcast as often as I can to trying to attempting to meet my 40 books in a year goal (I have ten left and I'm pretty sure I won't make it, but it is a good effort).

But here's a little life update:
Our son moved in permanently in June after he graduated.

We adopted an adorable psycho kitty named Tonks (no wonder she's a mischief maker with that name) in August. - Check out my instagram (@mandapandagrace) for increasingly cat-only pictures with a few smatterings of life updates.

My brother & three nephews moved to Virginia in May & our life has been full of Auntie and Uncle duties on top of work. We love having the whole family around and watching all the boys grow up and learn how to be a part of our family again.

My husband quit his job in July & began a new journey of sales for a good company. We have been blessed. What a gift my hard working husband is to be adding in side projects, taking care of us and my family also in the process. There is really no man like him.

We have added a licensed driver to our insurance and are currently recovering from the insane increase to the monthly costs. I also have survived sitting in a passenger seat of an 18 year old newb driver. My anxiety, however, may or may not have had some mental curb checks on those rides.

We bought an estate car we found for a good deal and then promptly took a road trip to test it out. We drove 19 hours to Oklahoma City to visit some friends and spent a good deal of time in the car just remembering what it is we like about each other. We spent time talking about everything we see and then some and singing to whatever tunes came on the radio, hello Bon Jovi & 80s tunes.

We have watched every Gordon Ramsay show and learned how to cook new things, experimented like crazy in our kitchen. Our "team" activity every week is tackling some wild and new cooking adventure. There really is something special (for us) about opening the windows, turning on Frank Sinatra, et al and sizzling some onion and garlic on the stove top while we crack open a bottle of wine and create something together, as a couple and then enjoy the fruits of our labor. 

I have learned to live with PMDD and high functioning anxiety whilst working in customer service and trying to make sense of the kind of life that loops someone like me, with almost 2 degrees in History into entry level receptionist positions again and again and mostly just above minimum wage. I can remember once upon a time, people admonished me to "build a career," but honestly, what kind of career exists for someone who writes random thoughts & has an effusive amount of random knowledge that pays bills? Not really any. I came real close to snagging a lucrative writing position but it fell apart last year. It's a weird world we live in.

Speaking of a weird world, watching everything transpire around us in the dumpster fire of our nation is.....something. I wish I could say more, but then I'd get some people telling me what a libtard I am (a term I loathe with my whole being) or how wrong I am about something (the hazards of Social Media, I guess? Every one thinks they can empirically tell you what your'e wrong about). So let's suffice it to say, cruelty is the mode of everyone and kindness cannot be handed out enough. Let's be soft, let's be kind, let's be slow to speak and quick to listen. Let's be human, let's be self-less, let's be Love.

And on that note, I think it's good for me to sign off for now. Here's hoping the next post is more cohesive.

Comments

Popular Posts