Scattered Thoughts

It's been a bit since I've blogged. But life is scattered right now, so I'm going to scatter some thoughts. 


  • I'm reading an insane amount of books this semester, but really, what else is new? Let's hope that some of them are fun to read.
  • There's been a sincere lack of inspiration to blog. There are a lot of topics on my mind. One is that churches and pastors are not medical professionals and should not be giving out mental health and/or medical advice. Advising someone to NOT take their meds for depression or other disorders is not legal or wise. 
  • Money woes are....well they are woeful. But it does lend a certain amount of dependence on a God. You never know how much you need God til money goes bye bye and you have nothing to look to. 
  • I've been contemplating much on grace, on sin and on who God is. The reality of it is that I'm thankful for the sacrifice God gave in Christ on the cross. Because without that....I have no hope in this life. But His mercies are new every morning. For that I'm thankful. 
  • I have to be one of the few younger peoples in Lynchburg who have NOT been to Chipotle yet. I'm kind of apathetic about it. I don't hate it, but I don't think it's the coming of heaven to our city either :) But hoping to get there soon. I do love that rice. :) 
  • Everyday that I walk on the Lynchburg College's campus, I'm so thankful for the beauty that is here. It's lovely in every season. And fall is coming and the dell will be stunning. I'm sure I'll post pics soon. :) 
  • Also, my dear friend Aimee Bontreger (now McNew) published her first book this week. I'm so excited for you to read it. This week, I'll be sharing a review of it. But if you don't want to wait for the review, buy it on Amazon here. I began reading it this week and I'm in love already. 
  • God is growing my worth and value in Him in ways that I can't even begin to express. But there's a tremendous amount of peace that comes when you settle your heart in the reality that He bought you - that you were worth His life. That you are HIS treasure, that the value of your life is personal to Him. It is firm and steady to rest in the reality that no one has any control of that value but Him, no ability to strip you of security, dignity or happiness. It is your own, given in full mercy and grace by the God of the universe. I could talk about this at length, but my gratitude for this is growing, and humbling. 
  • Settling into a place of peace of heart, of mind and security with God is...it's bizarre. I think I finally understand the passage in the Psalms that says "Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy dwelling places of the Most High.God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns." {Psalm 46:2-5} - That passage ends with a statement of God being our stronghold, our refuge. Inhabiting this has brought the most sustaining peace I've ever felt in my life at any point. 
  • Last night, I attended my first class of the semester. There were five new young men to our graduate history program. I wonder how many will last because these classes are beyond intense. It'll be interesting to see how they fare. They were decidedly unprepared for the first class, and unclear as to what our discussion times would look like. More people in a grad course does not necessarily mean more discussion. Here's hoping they develop in the coming semester. :) But I do love me some history nerds, though. 
  • Fall is coming. Delciousness. Bonfires, S'mores, Beautiful fall colors, sweaters, hoodies, cozy cups of cocoa, tea. Delicious soups. Crisp mornings and evenings. Snuggly blankets and fuzzy socks. Glorious sunsets. Cooler temperatures all around. I love it. Can't wait. 

Comments

Popular Posts